Thursday, December 30, 2010

The possitive side to not putting away the clean laundry

So after my small victory of being under prepregnancy weight the other day I was bombarded by Christmas and celebrations and way too much food and way too much vegging out on the sofa! I find it so hard to get and stay healthy when Mr is home and he has been on stand down (only working once every 4 days) so we have just been eating and watching movies. So I am back up about 5 pounds but never the less I had planned on getting my work out routine back up with the new year anyway! Breastfeeding has been well established (I actually have a pretty big oversupply issue and still get engorged occasionally) so I don't think there should be a problem getting back into a work out routine. And the moment I notice a change in supply I will scale back because priority number one is feeding and sustaining my baby. Priority number two is that my father in law will be coming to visit in the end of January and I really don't want to hear his crap about how having a baby ruins your body. So I really want to stick it to him and show him that NOPE having a baby has NOT ruined my body. In fact pregnancy and having a baby has brought my body full circle... this is what my body was made to do! We have tried so hard and worked so hard and we finally won! A few stretchmarks are nothing in comparison to what we have now!

Before baby I used EA Active on the Wii to help me lose almost 40 pounds while Mr was deployed. And they have just come out with EA Active 2 for both the Wii and PS3. Yesterday Mr and I found it at Sam's Club for only $59 and it came with ankle or wrist weights. So today Mr is on one of this work days and I decided Well I will just get started on my new work out! Right?! WRONG! So I get everything all set up wearing my arm and leg sensors and I set up the settings and select a "medium" intensity work out. For those who don't know about it this is a game on the Play Station and it tracks your motions using 3 sensors-one on your leg and one on each arm-while you are completing the activities on the screen. It has a 9 week program where you just click and it sets up a 20-40 minute work out for you to accomplish. The work outs are strength training and cardio and it really mixes it up and it a lot of fun! So I have my glass of water right next to me, good to go and I get started. The warm up is easy... I blow through it with a ha ha ha you cant keep me down! I made and birthed a human almost 3 months ago! No fitness program can get me! We then get into some cardio and I am flying through the course when woosh... wait a minute... did I just pee myself? Great! So much for being indestructible! But thanks to my procrastination I have all the freshly cleaned and folded prefold diapers stacked on the couch in easy reach! Nothing is going to keep me down! I must soldier on even if it means peeing myself! In between work outs I stuff a prefold into my shorts and continue on! That's right... you cant scare me that easily work out program! But as I came up on exercise number 20 I can barely breath and I have already gone through 3 glasses of water. I surrender oh great and powerful EA Active work out!  So I cut my loses and quit the remainder of the work out. I burned over 130 calories and I am happy with that for today!

So note to self: just because you created and then birthed a human being does not mean that you can go right back to your old work out level! Looks like I will be scaling back already and going down to a "low" intensity work out until I can work up to medium! I am OK with that... I am not a super hero you know! Even though I often have to do many of the activities a super woman does! I cant expect to be perfect and get back to where I was right off the bat. But I look forward to taking my time to getting there! Lets just hope Baby doesn't end up with a little brother or sister before I get there! We are throwing caution to the wind and hoping that breastfeeding and the pull out method helps in that department!

No comments:

Post a Comment